candyy

candyy

Paranormalcy - Kiersten White I`m disappointed. I expected a lot more from this book. Don`t get me wrong, I know this is YA, so...There is not much to expect.
Actually, there are some really good YA books out there, but that`s not the point now.

I saw good reviews and everybody said that heroine of this book is kick-ass, bad-ass or whatever you want to call her. While I can`t deny that she had her moments, she was really not that special. She felt flat to me. Was it because of her love for pink? Not necessarily.

I think the main problem here is actually my age. I`m 20. YA genre is my gulity pleasure and I know that I won`t really find "future classic" material here.
This book was clearly meant for younger readers. Evie was a little bit immature. So was the writing. I could understand it, since it was aimed for younger readers, as I already said.

Overall, it wasn`t a bad book, but I just didn`t like it that much. It left me with a lot of questions, and honestly, I`m not sure if I care enough to find out the answers.